Music and Movie streaming

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JK2447, Jun 26, 2022.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi all

I’ve been an Amazon music subscriber for years. I get the family package for a few of us to use. It always annoyed me that Playstation used Spotify, so when I’d be gaming with my headphones on, I’d have to put up with the annoying adverts. I stayed with Amazon because it works easier on my Alexas around the house.

I took delivery of a Tesla this week and saw that it was Spotify only which was the final straw. Amazon Music cancelled and Spotify family plan bought. It’s £2 dearer but what ever and you play music on alexas you just have to say Alexa play XYZ on Spotify. I like Amazon but I do like that I’ll be moving to a smaller company that gets its revenue just from music streaming.

Apart from that I have Amazon Prime, awesome service for the delivery and TV. I’ve had Netflix for 14 years or something daft and think they do brilliant original movies and TV shows and recently I subscribed to Disney+. I wasn’t sure at first but the kids love it and after watching the Mandalorian and Obi Wan. That’s not going anywhere!

What do you use? Do you use any of them? Any favourites or ones you don’t like?

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  2. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Don’t really watch movies but for music I use the Youtube app on my TV – sound quality is good through the soundbar.

How is the Tesla btw? Few Tesla guys at work and they rave about them! :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    JK2447 likes this.
  3. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Ah yeah love watching stuff on YouTube and have the premium of that to swerve adverts. Forgot that. Love YouTube. Very dangerous tho isn’t it. 657EE288-57F0-4CF8-B9E9-C46280A417C7.jpeg

I love the Tesla mate. Seriously impressed. 3 Long range I got

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I have youtube premium, got playlists saved and everything - love it, I can also get joe rogan stuff on it. I wish they would have a randomiser on it, just to take you to different places etc.
    Not got a tesla - not buying into the green agenda at all. My car cost me £400 in 2015, its a fiesta 1.4 tdci and the road tax is £30 a year, the insurance is £141 ande I do little miles - So in effect, I am saving the planet ha ha
    Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    JK2447 and dmarsh like this.
  5. Company Miss

Company Miss New Member

Seeing this thread a year later and I hope you're still enjoying Spotify with your Tesla! It's amazing how integrated tech has influenced our choices in music platforms. Spotify's been my jam for a long while, and their playlists keep getting better. For those looking to amplify their own tracks or playlists on Spotify even now, https://streamingfamous.com/buy-spotify-plays/ is a great platform to consider. On the movie front, Netflix and Disney+ have only upped their game since your post. Still, any new recommendations or changes in your preferences?

6. Adenkorsar

Adenkorsar New Member

I feel you on the switch to Spotify – the allure of no ads during gaming is real. Plus, that hands-free Alexa action sounds pretty sweet!

7. Istaryan

Istaryan New Member

It's interesting how each platform has its perks.

8. SylasPerez

SylasPerez New Member

It seems like you've made a deliberate choice to switch from Amazon Music to Spotify due to the seamless integration with your new Tesla and the convenience it provides with your devices. Additionally, the preference for supporting a smaller company that focuses solely on music streaming has influenced your decision. Enjoy exploring the benefits of Spotify and its functionalities across your devices! It is also quite effective to use music blog submissions for your new songs.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023