MS sues major braindump provider

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zebulebu, Aug 17, 2006.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

About frickin time!

:yep

Pinched this link from another forum, mainly Americans on there so they get this info quicker than us.

I have to say its long overdue - ever since the original tea leaf behind this company was flung in jail they've been operating out of Pakistan seemingly with absolute inpunity.

Hopefully the long arm of the law extends to the subcontinent!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

its actually about time! i thought i would never say this but: "Go Microsoft"

but how long is this case going to drag on for?:dry

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

How about a mailing address?

1-HIT.COM
    C/O Certification Trendz Limited
    15 Junction Place
    Haslemere, UK GU27 1LE

EDIT

Gezzz, you just have to love the internet:

Names and Addresses

Proprietor: Certification Trendz Ltd
    15 Junction Place,Haslemere,GU27 1LE

Residence Country: United Kingdom
    ADP Number: 0884058001

Service: Daryl Ponting
    12 Ivyfields,Corsham,SN13 0DG

ADP Number: 0884059001

Taken from:
    http://webdb4.patent.gov.uk/tm/number?detailsrequested=C&trademark=2416636

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I doubt that American copyright laws are going to have any clout in Asia.

But Haslemere is a different kettle of fish, nice quaint little town on the way to Guildford Surrey. No hiding place for the unsavoury :twisted:

Go get 'em :behead

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I suspect this will be another Napster.
    TestKing will vanish and be replaced by something else which basically does the same thing, and it will take another 5 years to do anything about it...

Part of the problem is with how the Internet is regulated. It isn't. There have been cases before where issues of copyright and bare faced lying on a website have not actually been treated with the same rules as if they had been published in a magazine.

We'll see...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

What would hurt the Dump companies more is if they could get access to their customer list and revoke all of the Certs their customers have achieved. That would teach them not to dump their way through certs. :biggrin

7. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

Its good that these cases are brought to light, however I think I rememeber a case against a texas firm a few years ago, once one closes another one springs up. If microsoft can get holdof all clients who bought items through dump sites we could see the number of people certifed dropped down a lot and boost people with the certs up.

Certifications: A/N+ MCSA 2003
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Nice idea. :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

that would be nice but also unfair to some people, as i remember reading on here that someone said, there are people who can piss all over the course, but just cant hack doing exams, so they choose to use BD's to help them: its these people it wont be fair on...

10. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Cheating is cheating Cheek.

The nature of exams these days is such that you have to know what you are doing before you can answer the questions.

11. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Good news - we usually find a brain dumper MCP or MCSE in about 10 mins during interview! As they have little experance of the real world

12. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL

I find interviewing people for technical roles absolutely soul-destroying. Worst guy we ever had come in got zero out of nineteen on the little tech test I devised. It wasn't rocket science either - the usual crap about profiles, performance monitoring, basic networking etc. This tool didn't even know how to tell a class C address from a class B one...

Problem is, IT recruiters are the scum of the Earth - trailing perhaps only Lawyers and Estate Agents in the 'flash arsehole' stakes. They sit there word-matching from CVs without giving a monkeys about whether the CV is kosher and get paid commission no matter what pillocks they put forward simply because most companies can't afford to go through the recruitment process a second time so will choose at least one of the numbskulls they send them.

I used to not give a damn about braindumpers - I just figured they made me look better at interviews. Then I realised that there are plenty of people out there who legitimately earned their certs that don't even get an interview because of the law of averages - I read somewhere that an average of over 400 people now apply for most IT roles - if you consider that maybe six will get an interview for each position - thats a hell of a lot of jobs you have to apply for before you even get the chance to impress.

It must be depressing starting out in IT these days :x

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  13. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Nah. Call it soul-destroying. That would be closer to reality....

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  14. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Its a step in the right direction :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs