MS SPTK : Configuring Windows 7 Woes

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by tony.platts, Nov 4, 2009.

1. tony.platts

tony.platts Bit Poster

Hi guys,

1st real post after the introduction and perhaps my real reason for looking for a supportive community.

I've just started using the Self Paced Training Kit for Windows 7 by Ian McLean and Orin Thomas and have had some issues with Chapter 2. When it actually comes to the various OS's themselves I'm pretty good but I've never had to image a machine and naturally this chapter on creating Windows images is going to be the hardest in the book for me.

After reading through it I reaslised I'd taken nothing in and skipped forward to the practices in attempt to establish some understanding so that I could read the chapter again. However, in the very first practice it all goes horribly wrong because the WinPE 3.0 disk I make using the Windows AIK fails to load.

As soon as I attempt to boot from the PE image I get the message "The boot selection failed because a required device is unaccessible"

Is anyone else using this book and has anyone else come across this issue. I've attempted the excercice multiple times, always with the same results and could use a pointer in this critical part of my studies.