MS Press esimated lesson times question ?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by supernova, Nov 21, 2009.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

are these times meant to also roughly include practical times as well ?

(i understand installations times etc can vary greatly)

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Not sure what you mean mate.
    I think it's just to give you an idea of how roughly how much time you need so you can decide if you want to start the unit or leave it till tomorrow.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. supernova

yeah, i wondered if the estimate was based on reading time or reading time + practices

4. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I think it is for the text, practices and the review / case studies at the end. I treat the times as very rough estimates. This will vary as the time for practical excercises will be different based on the system and the practical excercises being done.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  5. supernova

yeah i think your right, i wonted to know so in the future i could use the information to roughly plan my time better. Any lessons with the word "install" i'll add an hour. However, it was mainly reading i was interested in.

6. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I know what you mean. I have has lessons which give the estimate of 20mins, and two hours later I have been waiting for things to complete in the practical. I have made it a habit to have a flick through the lesson in advance to combat this.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc