MS Event in Reading - Virtualisation

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by UKDarkstar, Aug 26, 2008.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

A quick scour on the Events site ( www.microsoft.com/uk/events ) has turned up this interesting one on 9th September :

TechNet Event re-run: Microsoft Virtualisation and Management Technologies

Event Overview
    Overview:

This event will take you through our latest management and Virtualisation technologies. We’ll start the day with a keynote explaining how to use System Center to reduce the impact your business has on the environment. In common with other TechNet UK events we’re going to demonstrate the interesting parts of the technology as much as possible. We will build a Windows Server 2008 cluster and discuss how to manage it. There’s been a great deal of interest in System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 – we’ll fire it up and show you what is possible. (Note: We are not experts in VMware hence we will discuss SCVMM’s capabilities and demonstrate using Hyper-v and Virtual Server). In the afternoon we’ll take a close look at Vista Enterprise Centralised Desktop (VECD) and Microsoft Desktop Optimisation technologies including application virtualisation together with advanced group policy capabilities. The final formal session of the day will focus on Terminal Services showing how to quickly publish new applications to employees whether they are on premise or elsewhere.

I suggest if you're interested and can make it, you get booked in pronto as these things get over-subscribed very quickly :

https://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/EventDetail.aspx?culture=en-GB&eventid=1032384720

I'm hoping to go so if anyone else is maybe we can meet up at coffee time ?

(Oh, these are FREE btw and so is lunch !)

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. zcapr17

zcapr17 Nibble Poster

See you there :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE:2K3 MCTS:Vista VCPv3 ITILv3 Sec+ L+
    WIP: MCITP Enterprise Admin 2008, CCA
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I have signed up for it, dunno if it will be possible to go yet or not. The last one I went to there was pretty informative and it was the same two guys presenting it. Cheesy jokes aside (of which there were many) they were very good.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Sorry guys, not gonna make this one.

Funds are short atm so can't afford the travel to get there.

Next time maybe when I'm back in work.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Looks like I will have to give it a miss now also. I'm unexpectedly teaching a new course on the same evening and if last time was anything to go by, getting back would take a long time.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada