Mr.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Victormob, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Victormob

Victormob New Member

Hi everyone!!!
    Trying to find my way up in IT. Have read through the Comptia A+ textbook by Mc Graw Hill (precisely the -ALL IN ONE COMPTIA A+ CERTIFICATION EXAM GUIDE SEVENTH EDITION). I have managed to get on very well with the practice questions and thinking of writing 220-701, but I needed to be certain I could go ahead. Here is my question, please:
    1. Has anyone taken same exam lately? What and how are the questions like, compared to questions in the book and on the CD?
    2. Is it okay to simply follow the book (mentioned above) practice the questions, both in the book after each chapter and the one on the CD, and hope to pass based on this?
    3. Or are the actual exam questions really, really different and difficult than those in the book and CD (mentioned above)?
    4. Arguably, I don't expect the questions to be the same, word for word etc, but what certainty I will pass if I just go ahead to write the exam, based on the fact that I have read the book, practiced all the question after each chapter and the those on the CD?
    5. What else can one do to pass this exam? Any more resources on the net etc?
    Will appreciate any response or leads.
    Many thanks and best wishes!

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF, you may find answers to your specific questions in the relevant forum. This forum tends to be just for welcome messages and introductions.

Si :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+