Mr Angry

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by zxspectrum, Mar 17, 2006.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

OK folks heres my set up . I share the internet connection with my landlady, now what we have is a BT voyager 205 asdl modem which is connected to a wireless router and i have the wireless pc card in my computer . We have very little problem with this except when she just decides to switch it off with out telling me for no reason.

Now as you can imagine this really gets my gripe , ive even suggested to her that she ahs the card and that i have the modem etc , but shes has said no to that, which is beyond me .

Now i know i can just put the modem up here on its own and get great net service but what can i do to boost my signal or even make me the controller of the network so to speak but without her knowing . This may seem petty but as the heatings been off for 5 freezing days im at the end of my tether .

Any help will be grateful :x

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Install one of those 'Clapper' unit on the router so when she turns it off you can just clap to turn it back on LOL :D

Or you could just move.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  3. zxspectrum

Clapper units i get the idea, but ive never heard of them , but cheers lol.

A move is soo on the cards

4. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  5. zxspectrum

I seen them cheers
    but that is something that she can see etc but thanks any way .

I think i may just get a asdl 205 modem and plug it in as she then cant get on the net herself and wont be able to turn it off when she has the painters in, and no i dont mean those ones that put pain on the walls lol

6. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

ZX, is this a service you are paying for in any way - as part of your rent or as a separate payment? If it is, then is it part of any tenancy agreement you have? depending on the answer to either of these you could threaten her with legal action :twisted: !

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270