Moving on

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Aug 24, 2016.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ok so new job, new opportunities, I should be bouncing off the walls, where as Im not really.

I am more sad at leaving where I am now, mainly because of the people I work with in particular the three I have grown close too and laughed with. For me this is a strange thing as normally it would just be a see you later etc but I have been somewhat emotional.

Oh well I suppose its another page in the book

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Ed, there's a couple of new inventions, not sure if you have heard about them yet.

1. The Mobile Phone, this has a couple of functions you may find useful to stay in contact with friends etc
    • It allows you to make calls whilst out of the office or away from the home, god damned amazing I know but you're no longer tied to being in the office or at home when you ignore calls from people you don't want to hear from
    • It also allows you to send text and picture messages, it's not Telex and doesn't require a degree in crypto to understand, I think it will take off but heck, you never know.
    2. Electronic Mail (or email)
    • You no longer need to keep a stamp in your wallet just in case, this new email is amazing, you can use your desktop \ laptop \ (and yes, even a mobile phone if you're using the latest SMART PHONE thingy that everyone is going on about) that let's you send email messages (again with just text or the off funny joke or offensive picture) and most of the time it reaches them faster than Usain Bolt does the 100m (and that's effing fast).
    If I were you mate, I would probably investigate these mediums of communication to see if it would allow you to stay in contact with former work colleagues \ friends ;)

As a side note, I stay in regular contact with a guy I worked with last year, if we aren't talking to each other at least once a week something is wrong ;)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Yep plus one for Simon, I go out every month for a curry with a couple of close friends I made at a previous job, and am in constant contact with them in-between. Just because your leaving a job doesn't require leaving friendships behind.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I have found these mystical modern things you seem to be referring too and I will use them, obviously after I have read the manual ha ha .

I was referring to the everyday ins and outs of the place and the people to be fair, I will be keeping in touch with a lot of people from there as well as still playing football and badminton with some of them

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

You might meet even better friends in the new place and delete those old lesser friends ha ha seriously tho you do have to look after yourself and go where the work is that you want, or training or money, what ever. It's sweet that you will miss the old guys but who knows, jobs might come up in your new place and you can recommend them for it

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs