Mouse Pointers

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by Nelix, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Hi all,

My daughter is studying IT at college and for 1 of her assignments she has to create a web site, unfortunatly this has to be done in Front Page.

My question is this......

She want to have a string of text that follows the mouse pointer whilst browsing the web site, Is this possible using Frontpage and if so how?

Thanks in advance

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Frontpage doesn't have any features that can help you with this but you can use a little java-script to get the results your after.

I've attached a couple of examples for you. :D

Attached Files:

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Thanks Si,

I will look into that, but now we are having problems with the sumit button on a feedback form, the information is not sending to the registered e-mail address, is there anything we need to add to the following script to make it work?

HTML:
    <a href="[email protected]"> 
      <input type="submit" value="SUBMIT" size="20" name="SUBMIT"></a></a></font> </font><u> 
      <font color="#FF0000"><input type="reset" value="CLEAR AND RESTART"></font>
    Any help will be great thanks.

Admin note: Removed email address from public view

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
  4. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

At the top line, you have to put &lt;/A&gt; at the end I think. :unsure

5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

There must be more HTML to this, I cant really help as there is too much missing. If you post the HTML from the open forum tag &lt;form&gt; then I may be able to help.

6. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Thanks Si, Heres the rest of the script.

I know that there is probably a quicker/easier way to do things than whats in the script, but it is my daughters first attempt at web design and she IS using frontpage, Hope you can help.

P.S. try and keep it simple!!!!!!! :D

Thanks

HTML:
    <form action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" method="POST" onsubmit="location.href='../_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;" language="JavaScript" name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-onSubmit=" [email protected] "> 
      <strong></strong><p align="left"><b><font color="#00ff00">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      Forename:<input name="T1" size="20">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Surname:<input name="T2" size="20"></font></b> 
      </p> 
      <p align="left"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</b><font color="#00ff00"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      Age:<input name="T3" size="20"></b>&nbsp;</font>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <b><font color="#00ff00">E-mail 
      address:</font><font color="#0088ff"><input name="EMAIL" size="20">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font></b></p> 
      <p align="left">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      &nbsp;&nbsp; <b><font color="#00ff00">City / Town:&nbsp;<input name="T4" size="20">&nbsp;</font><font color="#0088ff">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font></b></p> 
      <p align="center"><b><font color="#ffffff">My favourite section on the website 
      was:</font><font color="#0088ff">&nbsp;&nbsp;</font></b></p> 
      <p align="center"> 
      <select size="1" name="ITALY - Feedback Form"> 
      <option selected>Introduction</option> 
      <option>Geography</option> 
      <option>Italian Football</option> 
      <option>Italian Art</option> 
      <option>Italian Food</option> 
      <option>The Italian Mafia</option> 
      <option>Italian Cars</option> 
      </select></p> 
      <p align="center"><font color="#ff0000"><b>Message Type:</b></font></p> 
      <p align="left">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      <b><font color="#00ff00"><input type="checkbox" value="ON" name="C1"> 
      Comment&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <input type="checkbox" value="ON" name="C4"> Praise&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      <input type="checkbox" value="ON" name="C2"> Complaint&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font></b></p> 
      <p align="left">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b><font color="#00ff00">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      <input type="checkbox" value="ON" name="C3"> Request&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      <input type="checkbox" value="ON" name="C5"> Suggestion&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</font></b></p> 
      <p align="center"><b><font color="#ffffff">Please click on the features 
      working on the web site</font></b></p> 
      <p align="left"><font color="#ff0000">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      &nbsp; <input type="checkbox" name="VIDEO" value="ON">Video<br> 
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      <input type="checkbox" name="LINK" value="ON">Hyperlink Buttons<br> 
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      <input type="checkbox" name="SOUND" value="ON">Sound<br> 
      &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      &nbsp;&nbsp; <input type="checkbox" name="HITCOUNTER" value="ON">Hit Counter</b></font></p> 
      <font color="#0088ff"> 
      <p align="center"><b><br> 
      </b></font><b><font color="#00ff00">If you have any comments on my web page, 
      please leave them in the space provided below:</font></b> </p> 
      <font color="#0088ff"> 
      <p align="center"><textarea name="S1" rows="5" cols="48"></textarea></p> 
      <p align="center"><b><br> 
      </b>&nbsp; <font color="#FF0000"> 
      <a href="[email protected]"><a/> 
      <input type="submit" value="SUBMIT" size="20" name="SUBMIT"></a></a></font> </font><u> 
      <font color="#FF0000"><input type="reset" value="CLEAR AND RESTART"></font> 
      </u><font color="#FF0000"></p> 
      </font> 
      <p align="center"><b><font color="#ffffff">Can we contact you via e-mail?&nbsp; 
      <input type="checkbox" value="ON" name="C6"> YES&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
      <input type="checkbox" value="ON" name="C7">NO</font></b> </p> 
    </form>

7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

8. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for your help Si,

At least we know that the script is correct, we dont get any error message, so it seems everything is ok. We will look into the server problem at a later date.

My daughter is over the moon that its not wrong.

:D

9. SimonV
    Honorary Member

There are alot of unclosed tags in the above HTML and and some of the form elements have not been named, also you have a href link attached to the submit button that may cause an error on submission. Its the main form submition thats OK though.

10. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Just told my daughter the above, and she said "What does that mean", she understands the Tag thing but nothing else LOL. It all seems to work fine except for one of the first pages that she created, when we run it, it creates an error, havent got the error to hand and she has gone to bed so I will make a note of it next time she is working on it.

Thanks for all your help so far Si, much appreciated.

11. sirdragon

sirdragon Nibble Poster

Hi Nelix

Just had a quick look at your daughters code........

there are a few 'spare' tags floating around especially extra <font color> tags with nothing between them.

I also noticed that a few font color="#ffffff" around text which will render the text white on white background.....but then we dont know what the &lt;body background&gt; is do we :lol: ........this looks good bgcolor="#660000" :wink:

it may help her a little [..once you have it running :? ] if the names in the tags ie &lt;input name="T1" size="20"&gt; had a easier to recognise meaning rather than T1 T2 etc, once the form comes back it would take effort to figure out what it was for......

but it is better than my first effort............... :D cuodos girl :wink:

though once you are more used to websites I would put in a few tables rather than spaces as all those &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp give me eye ache :lol:

I agree with Si regarding the extra &lt;a href&gt; around the submit button, this may cause problems,

HTML:
    [b]<a href="[email protected]">[/b] <a/> 
      <input type="submit" value="SUBMIT" size="20" name="SUBMIT"></a></a>
    there is also an extra </a> in there for some reason i cannot figure.....

also i am not sure if the Can we contact you via e-mail? checkboxs would be on the return form as they are after the form submit...............

btw
    are things like 'checkboxes' 'lists' 'textareas' etc......

hth a little anyhow..........

cheers

martin