Problem Mouse Cursor Freezing in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by michael78, Aug 9, 2011.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Anyone had issues with using a trackpad in Winodws 7 where it randomly freezes and doesn't work until you reboot. I've removed the trackpad software and installed the latest version from the HP website.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. ickle97116084

ickle97116084 Bit Poster

My wife and I both have Sony Laptops with the synaptics touchpad and Windows 7 64bith OS (Premium home edition) and on occasion the cursor does not respond or alternatively the left mouse button acts as if the right mouse button was clicked. This temporary problem does disappear after repeatedly shouting at the computer. It also happens infrequently and for a minute or so which has led to both of us just living with it.

Havent tried to reinstall drivers or disable software yet. Next time it happens I will try some troubleshooting and let you know.

Ickle

Certifications: Bsc (Hons), Prince2 Foundation, Network+