Motherboard or CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by law123, Jan 14, 2006.

1. law123

law123 Byte Poster

Thx again Boyce for your reply it is nice to see someone trying to help :beers2. I think everyone else has took up knitting on this site LOL as very little has bothered to even give there opinion. Which is disappointing considering most people on this site are doing something in computing.

OH and yes Boyce I installed the sata driver at the very begging of the windows instalation. The Sata HD was already running on the sstem with no probs before this and yes all as ok in the Bios. And as I had said I also tried a IDE drive as well just to elimitate that. :)

Well the good news is that I finally bought a new motherboard yesterday and all is working very well :D.

Anyway sorry for the gripping about others :rolleyes:

And also to the others that also posted. Oh still looking for a post card if anyone can help if I am not booted off this site LOL

:tune

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Er - I posted 2 links to separate postcards a couple of weeks ago.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Shall we boot the little devil :dry

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. law123

law123 Byte Poster

Sorry Harry what do you meen about the post cards I am not sure :oops:

Did you post about 2 Postcards a couple of weeks ago. If you did I am sorry I have not been here for a while as I had a lot of family problems and a death in the family.

The only post that I had seen is the one below and no you are not one of the knitters LOL I took your advice on disconnecting all the PCI cards as you will see in one of my posts THX mate :super

Anyway as I said thx to all that did post :beers2

5. law123

law123 Byte Poster

PLease be gentle :baby

6. hbroomhall

Have a look at the last post in this thread.

Harry.

7. law123

law123 Byte Poster

Thx Harry can you let me know if you have had any time to try the one you bought and what was the one you bought. Was it the one on this page here Here as there are a few was it the one at £29.95?

And what about the other one Here did you contact them

8. hbroomhall

Sorry about the delay....

This was the one I bought, as pointed to directly by the URL.

I didn't try again, as the first one seemed better value.

So far I have used it in 2 machines. In one it worked perfectly, in the other it only showed some of the codes *I think*. As I don't have a complete code list for that board the jury is out on this!

Harry.

9. law123

law123 Byte Poster

Thx again no problem about delay try this site for your Post codes. I hope it helps.

From the little Devil

10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey Law, we've had friendy PM's in the past and will continue to in the future, but I have to mention this one sentiment, as it is one that has been mentioned occasionally by a few others that dont find precisely the right answer that they want to hear.

To all who feel like the above - please log out, then log back in, and look at the Forum Index. All the sub-Forums. The topics covered. The numbers of threads and answers in those threads. The posts within those threads. Then the stuff that you don't all see - the Mod stuff behind the scenes that keeps this place afloat towards it's 3rd year.

...and think again about what you typed when you didnt get the answer you wanted straight away.

That's all I wanted to say. No bitterness, no malice, I just wanted to say it for the people who make this place what it is. Thanks :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Could I just add that, speaking for myself (and I daresay a lot of others), I find with a lot of threads that the answers I would give have already been suggested by others so there's no point in repeating them unless there's some doubt as to the validity of the answers and they need reinforcing.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  12. hbroomhall

Spot on. I frequently am about to post when I discover someone else has said what I wanted to say. Often better worded as well!

Harry.

13. Baba O'Riley

LOL, same here. In my case often more accurate as well! :oops:

14. law123

law123 Byte Poster

To all that I may have offended. :soz About the comment I made about the knitting it was meant as a joke there was no malice or bitterness intended. I know that you cannot always get the answer to a question and it is good if I work it out by myself. All I was looking for was opinions not answers.

Yes I know that often people may look at what answers have been given and say to themselves what is the point of putting the same answer in twice. But on the other side of he coin it maybe something small that I have over looked and someone else’s opinion may be of help.

I also understand that people have got a life away from this site (And please don’t take anything from that to be anyway condescending towards this site or the many members that post every day to people that keep the site running so well and smoothly) I think that this site is great and have found many a interesting piece of information in the past and also hope to do so in the future.

So to everyone who has read the past post I am very sorry and please can you all let it go as it was not intended to be taken the way it has by some members.

If anyone feels it is necessary I will edit the post about the knitting

Anyway I will say again I am sorry

George

PS. I have just noticed this is my 100th post

15. Baba O'Riley

Easy tiger, I knew you were joking. I was just agreeing with Jak, that's all.

16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Okay everyone, speaking as a moderator, I feel it is time to move on. George, there is no need to edit the post, we all know you were joking now. Thanks for making that clear!

100 posts is a lot, keep them coming mate, your contributions are all good IMHO :D

Now back to my knitting :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  17. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey George, we're cool - no need to apologise (or edit). :thumbleft

btw, well done on the 100 also :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity