More unbelievable claims from Skilltrain

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by TheGothicToothfairy, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

Hi - Sorry for not responding sooner - yes I was talking about self paced learning and it really does depend on your skills and if self paced learning is right for you.

Tools I usually reccomend are:

A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (By Mike Myers) = around £30
    Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (By Mike Myers) = around £30

In addition there are a lot of very experinaced and very helpful people here who offer fantastic support.

The exams A+ are around £100 each and N+ are around £154.

A step forward from that would possibly be online learning so you get video instructor led training, pre and post testing, online tutor support and so on .... To use LeanKey as an example to do the A+ and N+ would be £569 + Exam costs or ElementK do a Comptia online library including online tutor sessions for around £620 + Exam costs

If you want to do classroom training look at what your local colleges and adult education establishments.

2. Lank1984

Lank1984 New Member

Hey, just looking through the forums and I think its totally disgusting the lengths that some salesmen from these companies will go to to get some commision.. and your money :mad

Id steer clear if I were you, Im looking at doing the courses self study, will work out much cheaper. Just dont have any faith in these distance learning courses any more.

Oh, and good luck with your training, whatever you decide to do :biggrin