more sky player stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Feb 27, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Quite miffed that i missed the first 20 mins of the chelsea v man city match, whihc was down to a sky fault on sky 1 as all the other channels were working fine through sky player, it was just sky 1 that wasnt broadcasting. Now im toying with the idea of getting rid of sky. IO like the footie , yes, but i dont like the sky player. The player when it works is fine, but sometime, say when there is a big match on, you will get the buffering message, and the option to change your viewing quality. If you change the quality from high, to medium , or low, then in has a better chance of not being interupted, but is horrible to watch, especially on a big tv.

So ive been thinking, when pople normallly sign up to sky, they probabaly do it through gettinga digibox and dish etc, and ten the cost of what ever package they go for, is subsidised, and thats why you have to sign up for 12 or 18 months. So why do you have to pay fiull whack if your not getting any equipment, and above all, not the same quality. Now i know im getting mine through a net connection, which it meant to be 8 meg, but i know is 7 as ive tested it loads of times, and sometimes there may be net problems, but its a coincedence that it only haoppens on the big matches. And alos with sky you have to opt for thier other channels before you get to the sportts bit, which is a big chunk, i mean what 17.50 for the channels that i rarely watch, the i have to get the sports, which basically knocks me up to 43, this is also including an extra channel, ESPN.

It seems a bit unfair and i dont think complaininig to sky will help, as ive already sent them a letter and its been 6 weeks now, and ive heard nothing back. So surely there has to be something else i can do, besides the obvious, and just not having sky full stop. Is there any place i can complain too, as ive spokien to sky and they are rather unhelpful???

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680