Money making sites..... Ur imput please

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by philngems, Jul 10, 2007.

1. philngems

philngems Bit Poster

Have or are workign in Web design industry and make a good living off there own sites. I believe i have some great ideas for websites thet should attract a lot of interest and i am hoping to live off the advertsing moneys.. Anyone doing this..how possible is it

2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I personally never done anything like that, but I know people who have, but the profit isn't that great unless you have something that is in demand or something that know one else has.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Tis true.

In order for a site to be successful you need to provide some sort of product or service that people want. Then spread the word, then reap the rewards of sales and advertising etc.

The only people to make big money from dodgy links, referrals and redirections are the dodgy pr0n sites and gambling etc.

The first thing to have is an IDEA.
    Then you have to do something with it.

Look at friends reunited, good idea which really paid out.
    Wikipedia, dead useful site but has not lead to riches for those that created it.
    Likewise CertForums - SimonV is getting fed up with bread and water for tea every night.

:blink

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. philngems

philngems Bit Poster

Well jonny.. i believe i have some cracking ideas.. my plan is to build a small sample website to show what it will do..how it will make money.. who will be interested..then get some funding off an investor..build site sell it on for a large profit.. live it up in the sun..:D

5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Ahh, dreams. I had them once! :biggrin

I wish you well in your venture. Hope it works out. Care to share those idea's (so we can steal 'em!) :twisted:

6. tuvanit

tuvanit Nibble Poster

It's hard to say whether it is easy or not ^^ Try your best. Good luck.

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA 2003
  7. philngems

philngems Bit Poster

i think all you need is an idea.. and the passion to see it come true. i have already invested in another site which is coming up in august www.alpha.facevault.com . if you click on the link you will notice the site is along way off launching..but u can see the idea..

8. JuryDuty

JuryDuty Bit Poster

You can definitley make good money off websites. Personally, I make a small bit a month off a couple websites--one from affiliate links, one from selling physical products. I don't make enough to make it a full-time job, but I'm convinced that I could double or triple my sales if I put my mind to it.

I have a buddy who DID just leave his "real world" job to make money solely online and hasn't done too bad. So it can be done. But don't get the idea that this is a "get rich quick" or easy way to make money. It takes just as much time, dedication and hard work as a "real" job--maybe more.

That said, be sure to read up on search engine optimization, online marketing, etc, if you really want to get serious about this. You'll need more than just a great website.

WIP: CIW Site Designer