Mistakes!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by westernkings, Jan 5, 2011.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

IS there anything worse than spending four hours on something, only to realise you have made a school boy mistake of not doing something, and then having to do it all over again from scratch!!

And the worse part, it's the same mistake I have made about 5 times before on the exact same thing!!!! KILL ME NOW

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ack well, learn from your mistakes.

...again :biggrin

Whats 4 hours anyway? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. coolc

coolc Nibble Poster

learn from da mistakes and move on aye bro.

4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Many, many times.
    My party-piece is forgetting to reattach a cable or reset a DIP switch and only remembering when I'm putting screw 23 out of 23 in. Cue much swearing and RSI from all the, and I hesitate to say this, screwing.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  5. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Now imagine taking it all back out, and then forgetting to attach the cable AGAIN, and screwing it all back in. haha.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You win!

Except, there's been a few times when I reach the last screw I've realised there were actually two things I'd forgotten to do.
    I normally retire to the bar at that point. If I can't think straight sober there's no point being sober :D

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Sounds like one of my OU TMAs.

Get 'em finished nice and early, sit down to re-read them just before sending it off on the deadline to realise that you have totally misunderstood the jist of the first question - as a result, all the rest is wrong too...

Bliss.

:ohmy

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. welshwaynejack

welshwaynejack Bit Poster

I feel your pain...I spent 6 hours staring at code only to find out I left a , out !!!!!

Certifications: Bsc Computer and Information Systems
    WIP: Msc Computer Forensics
  9. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Here here! (sharing the pain with the code thing)
    Also, not so much now that i'm used to it, but last year the case sensitivity just kept on ribbing me in Linux scripts / commands!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Spent half a day trying to get drivers working on a Windows 7 32bit OS, could I get them to work - No... Then Modey said why don't you just install Windows 7 64bit (as that was the original type of OS) - D'oh! Why didn't I think of that...

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

Once did a tidying up of cables in our server room. Hook all the servers back up, and fire them up ensuring to power on the DC first. I start the process of verifying that everything is running correctly when I can't get connectivity to the outside and can't RDP into any servers via host name. I'm getting worried and start doing some troubleshooting before I realized that I plugged the network cable into the inactive network port of the domain controller. Yea... spent a good half hour (on a saturday, mind you) going "why me!?!?!?"

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680