Mission Trip II

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Sep 15, 2009.

1. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Its not because i dont respect mr "bosonmichael" im sure he knows much more than i do. Its absolutly nothing personal at all.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep, and that it has. God can use whomever He wants for His glory... even when they don't know it's happening.

Because there isn't *anyone* living near me who doesn't have the opportunity to learn English (or, for that matter, the opportunity to hear about Jesus). The place I'm going isn't a tourist area... it's a poor area where English-speaking people simply do not go. So they're getting something that they don't have access to (and what everyone in my area ALREADY has access to): someone who they can speak English with.

But let's assume you mean the generic "help others". Comparatively speaking, the poor in both of our countries are r-i-c-h.

There's one big major difference: Harry Potter didn't really exist, perform documented miracles, and rise from the dead after hanging on a cross. Believe what you will, but others documented what they saw with their own eyes.

Again, if you want to discuss this, please create your own thread. Or didn't you get the hint when a moderator edited your post?

These people have to learn English first in order to have the opportunity to do the things you're suggesting... just sayin'.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. BosonMichael

Then why do you insist on arguing with me? :)

The first step of learning is listening.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I'm fond of:

The quieter you become the more you are able to hear

Are there many of you going to Asia mate?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
    Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Logicum

Logicum Bit Poster

Praying for you Boson!

What a great way to make a difference in the world!!

WIP: Many
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I pray that God would open your eyes as judging clearly from your post you don't understand spiritual things. Christianity is a belief and faith in God. Faith is believing on what you can't see and you are clearly trying to depict the things of God using logic and profane human reasoning.

Please, am not having a go at you just stating that you are getting the whole picture wrong just like so many other people in the world today. Religion is man made, where as the gospel is good news brought to all men through Jesus christ. No one else died a brutal death on the cross for the sins of humanity apart from Jesus, fact.

Again the reason why Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day is so that we can make heaven our home when we die. The devil has lost the battle and he is blinded the eyes of men so that they would not accept the ways of God.

However, God is not a man that he should lie and secondly God is a God of second chances. Just pray that you truly seek God for yourself with an open heart and not through being cynical.

God did not create us a robot hence he gave us the ability to make choices as well as informed decisions of which you are clearly depicting. However, there is a price for those who call the gospel foolish and refuse to worship the almighty God through Jesus christ.

You mention you were a christian as a kid but judging from your feedback it does not clearly come across as someone that grasp the truth of the gospel. I pray God would open up your heart as its not he's will that any should perish but that all should have enternal life which comes only through Jesus christ.

Ultimately, friend the choice is clearly yours. I like to use an analogy in this case if you see someone that's intoxicated by alcohol and they are about to get run over by a car what would you do. You can either yell and get their attention or do nothing and see their down fall. Believe it or not a lot of people would go for the first option.

That's all those who spread the gospel of Jesus christ do, get people's attention. Finally, the choice is truly yours but the bible clearly states that its a fool that perishes when a way of escape was available. I too use to challenge the gospel like you eight years ago but thank God he delivered me and now I know he Jesus christ truly is the way and the life.

You got nothing to lose with Jesus but without him there is no hope in this life and the one after. Please, be warned, swallow your pride and accept the truth today and gain salvation through Jesus christ.

Lastly, get a bible and start reading it and find out the truth for yourself. God bless you, and please, I didn't mean to offend you or defend Michael just taugh I'd try to shed some light on this conversation.

Those who have ears let them hear, states the bible. No offence intended, peace out:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. BosonMichael

Six of us - three from my church and three from another church.

8. BosonMichael

Thank you, Logicum!

The kids are glad when we come... and I am glad to be able to go!!!

9. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

I think that the last post by onoski is equally as offensive and off topic as the ericrollo post he quotes.

Best wishes for your trip BM, I can't support spreading of the gospel, but I do wish you good luck and best of health for your trip.

WIP: A+
  10. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

So they don't have skype, msn or mobile phones ? Oh yes they do, so what stops them from talking english to people around the world or accessing millions of religious websites ?

Heres a thought, how about donating the funds for your airfare so they can build a better school and save the environment at the same time ?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  11. BosonMichael

Here's a thought - find someone else's thread to crap in. :dry

12. BosonMichael

Fair point, but this thread IS a fund raiser designed specifically for the purposes Onoski's speaking of. If someone wants to raise money to promote Darwinism, they can start their own thread and do so.

Thank you, Marky. :)

13. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Good luck BM- I can't offer Prayer or Financial support (at this moment in time) but hope everything goes well for you on your travels.
    :angel:alien

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  14. BosonMichael

Thanks, Daz! :)

15. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I'm not a religious man and dont quite agree with BM on what he is doing ( i see all missionary, preaching etc as trying to "Make" others believe in something they dont want to, and yes i know thats not how you see it BM) I have to admire him for at least doing something thats outside of teh norm. Most people wouldnt thinsk about helping other in another country by going there and doing something. Most of us would just brush over it and put it out of our minds, or make a token gesture such as donate £1 once a year to charity.
    So, while i dont agree with religion, i admire BM's dedication and courage for getting off his backside and doing something he feels is right to help others. For that you have my praise.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  16. alicat

alicat Nibble Poster

Hi BM,

Just wanted to wish you well on your trip, although I can't offer financial help or prayers, I think what you are doing is an amazing thing. Have a safe trip.

Alicat

Certifications: BA, ISEB Software Testing, N+, MCP
    WIP: 70-646
  17. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Something like religion is always going to be divisive so lets try and stay on topic here. If you want to start religious debate then start a new thread and start cutting and pasting the same old tired arguments there.

Whether you agree with religion or not, what BM is doing is a good thing and deserves support.

Best wishes

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  18. BosonMichael

Thanks, Twizz. I'm sorry you see it as "all missionary and preaching"... but dude, we're going to teach English to kids... not give five sermons a day. :D Even if we did, I'm not sure they would understand us!!

Thank you, Ali! :)

I appreciate that, SB. :) Thank you!

19. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I am technically a bit autistic which means that i can get lots of money from the goverment (but i dont) and i can be quite annoying.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  20. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

what?

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)