Mike Meyers edition 6 v 5

Discussion in 'A+' started by mattgrey, Oct 24, 2007.

1. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I started reading the AIO v5 last year with a view to sitting the the A+. House move and other things got in the way and I am now starting it all again.

I know the material has changed slightly and there is now a V6 for the 2006 objectives, question is, do I need to get v6 or is the change small enough that I can study from v5 and fill in the blanks with online research?

£35 is a lot to pay if the extra material is fairly accessible online.

Thanks.

Certifications: none yet!
    WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I would say you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't get the 6th edition.

Who says you have to pay 35 quid for it, last time I looked you could get it for 20 on Amazon.

Also when you say the material is accessible on line, are you referring to sites that tell you whats on the exams (i.e braindumps) or are you referring to site that give study methods.

If you are referring to braindumps then if you are found using them can get you de-certified for life as its cheating.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. mattgrey

mattgrey Nibble Poster

Was thinking of online study guides/methods. Not come accross these braindumps before? I guess they just tell you the questions and answers? Can't see the point of that.......Anyone can learn a series of answers, if you don't understand them you won't be much use when faced with a problem and no access to google!:D

Certifications: none yet!
    WIP: A+
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you have to be careful with online guides as some can be braindumps, what would be best is to get 6th edition and use the practice tests on the cd-rom that comes with it and also get some practice tests from preplogic or transcender.

If you like, check this out http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread20162.html

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'd recommend getting the AIO 6th edition. It might hurt your wallet a bit, but that's the price for putting off studying. Consider it a strategic investment in your career.

Plus... it's far better financially to buy the AIO 6th and pass... than to not buy the AIO 6th and fail, and have to pay for the exam twice.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!