Mike Meyers books?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Shazz, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Shazz

Shazz Bit Poster

Just a quick one for you guys, I assume Mike Meyers is the way to go for A+ books?

Something along the line of this would be fine/ recommended then I guess?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Cer...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259004043&sr=1-1

Certifications: BA (Hons),
    WIP: MCDST, A+, N+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

if your going for the 600 series exams then yes if your going for the new 700 series exams you will need to wait for the seventh edition book to come out.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Shazz

Shazz Bit Poster

I'd actually been looking at the 6 series/ doing some of it for a while. So i'm getting it done asap.

Cheers for the heads up on the book :D

Certifications: BA (Hons),
    WIP: MCDST, A+, N+
  4. Haze

Haze Nibble Poster

How can people advise the Meyers book right now? Unless you know you will study and pass both exams by the 28th Feb... I'd go with the 2009 editions (and I am right now) and do the 2009 exams. The Meyers 2006 book is fantastic (I was using that) but its going to be obsolete.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Complete-Deluxe-Study-Guide/dp/0470486481

That's what I'm using right now. Recommended. Until Meyers comes out with a new 2009 book I would have thought this would be the standard complete exam prep book for the A+...

Certifications: MCSA (Windows 7), MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Windows 7), MCTS: Windows 7 & Office 2010 Deployment, Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence, Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles, Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012