Mike Meyers' A+ Certification Passport - Is the CD Required

Discussion in 'A+' started by playaz, May 24, 2005.

1. playaz

playaz Bit Poster

Hi Guys,

I'm getting into the A+ lark now :) I've been lucky enough to find a copy of book recommended by users on the forum.

Mike Meyers' A+ Certification Passport, only £13.99 on Amazon is hardly expensive but a friend of my Uncle has this already and is more than willing to let me borrow it, unfortunately he has misplaced the CD-Rom with the supplied MasterExam software.

Is it worth buying the book again just for this CD or can this be downloaded freely on manufacturer/publisher sites?

It does look like a very good book & no doubt I'm gonna get stuck into it! I want my A+ certification by next week!! lol (jus kiddin, I aint that good! lol) :)

Thanks again for the advice guys, I want to say to you all it is very much appreciated!

WIP: A+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I'd say the CD was fairly important, in that prep tests really test your basic grasp of the contents of the course. However, they are not the be all and end all, and can actually be misleading if you rely on them too much. So basically. if you really understand the book, then you should be ready for the exam. If you can at all possible get a replacement though, go for it.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The Passport book is good for a brief review but you'll need to study from a larger tome such as Meyers' All-In-One A+ book to get a sufficient knowledge base to study from. There's a pinned thread at the top of the A+ forum that has the Amazon link so you can take a look at it. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

My apologies - I missed the distinction between the Passport and All-in-one books here. Sorry for any confusion. :oops:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

You will def. find the MasterExam helpful - especially before your real proper exams. You can probably find a CD-ROM on e-Bay or on the web for not too much money RRP they are around £45