Microsoft windows Server 2003 environment Project

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by NAK, Jul 5, 2009.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Because chicks dig it. 8)

Besides... this is family! :hug

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. BosonMichael

I had a solid career before writing certification training content, so don't keep getting certifications on my behalf! :p I'll be just fine! :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Sad isn't it mate. Annoys me all the more because I've failed 291 and I'd never cheat and the ones I have passed I've spent more hours than I care to mention studying for

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. JK2447

:lol: my chick doesn't! And yeah it is :biggrin

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  5. JK2447

Maybe their worried cos you don't have many certs . . . . .

6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I don't think theres any clear answer to this one.

It might take 6 months+ to pass some exams legitamately, a braindumper could pass the same exam in maybe a week.

Braindumpers can dump faster and harder. :sick If you only measure people on certs then they will always look more attractive.

So then the option is to look at other indicators, experience, degrees, etc, at which point you're back to 'why bother with certs' ?

Many of them will manage to blag their way into IT, and then like NAK use whatever resource at their disposal to avoid being found out. If they can style it out for a couple of years they might even get into management, and at that point they'll probably never get caught out.

7. BosonMichael

True, true... I'd better work on that! :blink

:p

8. BosonMichael

The only problem is that WE can't choose what indicators employers use. They use certifications as one of their criteria, and until they stop, we should continue to certify.

Sadly, and I hate to admit it, that happens far too often.

9. JK2447

I'd swear some of the IT managers I've met must of blagged their way in as you say. And once you're at the top you don't need your MCSE cos you'll have staff for that. Sad really.

10. NAK

NAK New Member

Yes I do and sometimes you need a second thought from friends to make sure what I am going to implement is the correct thing. I knew the answers and have done them before but I just wanted to hear what others are saying.

Cheers mates and thanks for you second thought.

NAK

11. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Your original question doesn't give the impression in the slightest that you already knew the answer and wanted a second opinion. Especially this bit ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  12. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

My thoughts exactly, if the question had sounded a little less like you were totally screwed without an answer I'd buy into the just needing confirmation of thoughts deal but as it is I don't believe a word of it. This sounds like you've just realised your job involves actually knowing the stuff you just blagged your way through to get your MCSE.

Particularly suspicious is your failure to mention any of the technologies that were then listed in the responses to the thread, if you'd asked which technology was a better bet or whether there were any shiny new tech offerings since you last investigated this particular area of the tech landscape you would have had far more credibility. At least then we'd know you could use Google.

P.S. BM, I didn't mean to imply you would find it difficult getting another job, just that its a pain in the arse going through the process and I'd guess as you seem to be happy with your current role you'd much prefer staying put than updating your CV!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  13. BosonMichael

Nah, dude, I knew you were joking around with me! I thought I'd play along! :biggrin

In truth, if people DID stop pursuing certifications... which I don't think would ever happen... I would land on my feet somewhere - if not in a training capacity, then back as a "real tech" again. :)