Microsoft and Braindumping

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Fergal1982, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

As promised, I have received a reply to a couple of my questions from MS. My Questions are in bold, their responses are underneath.

These responses came courtesy of Lorna White, Press Contact for MS.

Firstly, during the meeting Shon mentioned that MS had recently reached a settlement with TestKing, that they would cease providing braindumps on MS certifications. He also stated that TK had until June to comply with the settlement. At this time, can you confirm if TK has actually complied, and that they are now an acceptable resource for studying MS Certifications?

Secondly, we have had in the past, several people who have advised that they unknowingly certified through a Training Provider using Braindump materials. What are the implications to them reporting this to MS? Do they risk being decertified and banned from MS certifications? How would MS deal with cases like this, to encourage those in this position to report their provider.

These were the two main questions I wanted answers to for our members, if anyone else has any questions they'd like me to ask for the forum, just let me know. Lorna mentioned that the livemeeting was close to the limits of what they could talk about, so we may not get answers to all the questions, but we can try!

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present