Microsoft Accreditation

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by alf, Mar 3, 2010.

1. alf

alf New Member

Hi all first post on here.
    I am a student of Advent or at the moment a former student and have just recieved some info that they may bought out any day.
    I was thinking will all of the accreditation that they had be carried over??
    Any thoughts and info would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Alf

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

If you are referring to Comptia/Microsoft accreditation, then I would guess no.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It would depend on who bought them out and whether they had existing accreditation.
    If the company who do buy them out don't have the existing requirements to fulfill those requirements they won't get them by GrandFather rights by buying a company that had them before going bust, those requirements would need to be met and accreditation requested again.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

To a certain extent, it doesn't matter.
    There's no need for a company to have accreditaion in order to provide decent training.
    More often than not, companies use it to cover up the fact that they don't.
    So, you should be able to carry on with your course, but probably with different material.

There are one or two exceptions, such as CIW who will not provide course material to a company that isn't a ATP and you can't get it off the shelf.

In terms of your own certification, any exams you have taken with either MS or CompTIA will remain valid no matter what happens to your TP.

Unless they turn out to be massive braindumpers of course.

(Cue massive rant on the subject of braindumps) :rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD