Microsft The Ultimate Steal Offer

Discussion in 'Software' started by asian_100, Oct 13, 2007.

1. asian_100

asian_100 Bit Poster

Hi ppl

Just wanted to knwo few things before buying the student offer of Microsft Office 2007 Ultimate for £38. Microsft is selling the package onlne at www.theultimatesteal.co.uk. What I wanted to know is that, Is there activation limit to when you should activate the software when u get it? or can u activate the software in some months time?

I am asking this because I was thinking of buying or building PC in 1-2 years time. I just wanted to buy and keep the software package to use it when I get my PC. This is really good offer and it end in april 2008. So would it really matter if I buy the software DVD from them and keep until some years?

Is there any activation date limit to newly bought software? And how many PC's can I install the same copy of Microsft Office Ultmate 2007?

Thanks

2. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

In 1-2 years time the software will be out of date, and prob's avalible cheeper then, i would wait, there will always be another deal that you can get when you decide to build the PC. Maybe when you decide to build it you will be able to get office 2009 for that price.

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

If you purchase the software now, you will recieve a legimate key, so in two years time you should not have any problems installing or activating the office application.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

The only problem will be that in 2 years time the software will be close to obsolete, and a new and better offer will have come along. I think it's a waste of money to purchase anything to do with computers a year or two in advance. Technology moves much too fast for that kind of thinking. That's just a sure way to pre-spend money on obsolescence.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I agree with you. It's just that the software in this deal is really cheap. In two years time I am sure there is going to be something better, but I am also sure office 2k7 is going to be around also. Just like 2k3 is now.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You SURE that's from Microsoft? The US version of the site is registered to a company in NYC called "Mr. Youth"...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

The problem is, office 2k3 cannot read files from office 2k7. Who says MS won't change file formats yet again to force people into yet another round of upgrades by that time? Their history of doing business says they very well may do that.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I understand what you mean. However if we are talking about the compatibility issues here then you can always install the compatibility pack for office 2k3 so that it can read office 2k7 docs. I am sure that by the time another office version comes out there is probably going to be another compatibility pack for office 2k7 to read the newer version.

If this wasn't the case, MS would be hearing a lot of complaints. Also with 2k7 you can always save files as a office 2000-2003 compatibility.

9. asian_100

asian_100 Bit Poster

I was thinking of installing the package ( when I buy it) to my current PC. Would that make it any difference? And will I be able to install the package on several PC's?

10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You can save in Office 2003 format in Office 2007 and the compatibility pack is available for older versions of office so you dont *have* to upgrade although Office 2007 is a great product.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs