Micro2000 Diagnostics

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by itbookham, Jan 16, 2009.

1. itbookham

itbookham Nibble Poster

I am thinking of buying Micro2000 Microscope, which is a bootable CD diagnostics tool. Has anyone had any experience with this tool? And if so, would they recommend it.

Thanks,
    mark

WIP: A+
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I looked at this a few years ago but it is rather expensive (I felt) compared to others. Also having made an enquiry I was bombarded with sales material and phone calls.

Have a look at the various tools (particularly PC-Check) offered by Eurosoft as an alternative.

In the end I opted for that and in my area most of the lcoal computer shops use them as well.

Details here

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I have heard that it is very good, although also expensive - I think they call you with a price?

I would say it depends on how much you are going to be troubleshooting at componant level. Also, there are so many free utilities, it begs the question of how much it is worth paying for the differences.

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

Generally I find it to be useless. If I wanted to test a Seagate hard drive for errors, I'd use the Seagate tool. Granted, this tool gives you a ridiculous amount of info on the components, but at that level, there's probably nothing you can do about it anyway. If your board's dead, you just replace it anyway. Use something more realistic (And free!) like the UBCD.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I have it. never really used it.

I didnt really find that the manual was all that great, nor the results always easy to understand.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present