meyers questionning style? ready for exam?

Discussion in 'A+' started by mattshort, Sep 12, 2005.

1. mattshort

mattshort Bit Poster

hello,
    since my post in the new members area i've been busily making notes from my new mike meyers A+ book (and what a book it is!). i've booked the core exam for this thursday, and the OS exam for next tuesday.

Has anyone used the tests on the CD included with this text book? Are they of a similar difficulty and style to the real exam questions? I'm currently scoring 75% - 85%, but have a few days to polish up on my weaker areas (mainly the stuff near the beginning of the book that i did last week!). Unless the questions provided are unrealistic in some way... I'm ready, yeah?

matt!

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

try go to trancender and try some of their questions they more of a better indication...otherwise try googling for some free tests... good luck with the exam! :thumbleft

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

The tests with the book are very good, but as there are only so many questions included in them, you do find that you are scoring better because you are beginning to memorise them. So to sum up, yeah, they're accurate, but please don't lull yourself into a false sense of security with them.

As zimbo says, Transcenders are first class, but maybe a bit pricey for this stage of your certs.

My 2€ :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity