Meeting People Online Offline

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by Mr.Cheeks, Sep 13, 2006.

?

Have you met someone one in person?

1. Yes - all the time

22.7%
  2. Yes - only when i get to know them

31.8%
  3. No -This Xmas meal will be my first time

27.3%
  4. No - Xmas meal or not - Well Creepy!

18.2%
  1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Ooops:oops:

Sorry Arroyn I mis-read that!

Yes, it's bloody expensive down here for car parking and Houses!

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

would of cost u more than that here in the big smoke :P

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

lol. I feel sorry for you, Phoenix, unless you get company expenses like ma sister.

And if your hanging around Shoreditch/Islington in about 4 weeks, I could bump into you too :ohmy

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - is that all? Consulting at the beginning of this year for three months whilst between roles - one of my clients was based in the West End in london (just round the back of Regent Street). The only car park I could use was the NCP in Savile Row - charging £8.00 PER HOUR!!

I also had another client based literally next door to Harrods in Knightsbridge - Harrods' car park was actually cheaper than the NCP equivalent (£6 an hour). Had a FUBAR'ed ArcServe install there that needed rinsing and reinstalling - took six hours to complete the job - I was NOT a happy camper after paying thirty six bloody quid, I can assure you :)

Oh, BTW, being into metal I've met many metallers on forums and thenb met up with them for gigs. However, this christmas will be my first 'en-masse nerd meet' - I've met a couple of bods from other tech forums offline but that was mainly after getting private work at their companies :wink:

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Maybe you should take a leaf out of my mates book!
    He's from West End and parks free!
    He parks one wheel on the curb an three wheels on the road and then puts a sticker on the windscreen

"Police aware"

Seems to work!

6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

sorry what was the thread about again? only we seemed to have moved from meeting people online to parking cars in Central London...my only remedy for that one children is...BICYCLE!!! :biggrin...they dont charge anything for leaving your two-wheeler outside ur local salon...haha...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. Arroryn

You have GOT to be kidding.

And Zeb... I take it all back. It costs me £36 to come down on the train on economy. I'm surprised you didn't find the nearest car park manager or traffic warden and shove it somewhere.

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

You know I can hear the locals now on Regent and Oxford Streets...lol...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Arroryn - What does your invention do?

noelg24 - yes your right we are moving away from the topic!
    but don't we always and why break a habit in life time:p

10. Arroryn

Anyone else can interject and tell us of their online/offline experiences. We won't be angry, or anything.

(UCM, if I told you, I wouldn't be the one that invented it now, would I. There are spies everywhere. The Government doesn't trust me you know. But they can't catch me out. I've got pixies :eek: )

11. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

These pixies do they work in a factory making cerial bars?:p
    You can always PM me with a clue:biggrin

12. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - Your mate is either the luckiest man on Earth, visits the West End once every five years (his last visit being in 2001) or telling you a load of porkie-pies.

I was a database administrator at the parking appeals service in London for 18 months. I am fully aware, and extremely familiar with, every single scam known to man when it comes to trying to avoid parking fines. I can state, categorically, with complete impunity, that the chances of him being able to get away with that one AT ALL are remote. The chances of him doing it more than once are near zero. If he tried it a third time, being a firm believer in the yin and the yang of the universe needing to be balanced out, I suspect that he would very quickly be hit by an asteroid, just on the law of finite improbability cancelling out finite improbability.

Put simply, the old 'Police Aware' trick is about as old as Del Boy or Fletch putting a sign on their car windscreen with 'clergy' written on it.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  13. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

and you really think I frequent those establishments?? I can't remember the last time I went into Northampton town centre. Too damn dangerous. You'll have to look more to the suberbs to find me :twisted::twisted:

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I have met a couple of people that I got to know when studying 216 on another tech forum, one guy (Mo) and his family stayed with my wife and I last Christmas. They are Egyptians and all of them are amazing people.

Shame I won't be able to join you lot in what I am sure will be a blast :(

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

You let him sleep in your back garden and didn't even let him in your house, you are sooo cruel :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  16. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Thats :FFLove

17. Rblsmll

Rblsmll New Member

I've met raffaz a couple of times met him at advent workshops and only lives down the road he was fixing my computer today.

Rebecca

and i think the dressing up as women will make me feel at home raffaz is up for it.

WIP: A+
  18. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

...and if this "do" turns out to be a crazy @55 dress like a woman party - im outta here! :eek:

19. Rblsmll

Rblsmll New Member

personally don't think they have the bottle but would be nice if there were more women there. i think its hilarious that they are willing to dress up for me.

Rebecca

WIP: A+