Me and CIW course

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by springbackhoolie, Oct 1, 2006.

1. springbackhoolie

springbackhoolie New Member

Hi

Just got on here, am doing CIW course with Skillstrain. Restarted the course in June, due to having stopped for about a year due to illness and moving home.

I am up to TMA 14 in section 2 part C

As I came from an IT Admin background mostly on Windows machines, I found the initial "history lesson" boring and then found the HTML stuff very awkward as I had never done HTML as a programming language although I had done a lot of programming in C, C++ and VB as well as (in days gone by) Fortran!

The networking and maintenance stuff I find easy by comparison.

Just wondering, they say they provide up to date copies of MX Dreamweaver (never used it but have a legal copy of it on one of my PCs anyway) and Office, inlcuding Frontpage version whatever, of which I have numerous versions of and use it occasionally.

Is it worth trying to get to grips with Dreamweaver or is there a more generally used software suite for scripted languages such as php, for instance?

I am looking for some real world advice as to what software to get for creation/maintenance of new websites, as ultimately thats what I would like to do.

Any suggestions?

Ian.:rolleyes:

2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello & Welcome to CF:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. Dreamweaver is usually said to be the industry standard. It's definately worth your time to learn how to drive it. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685