MCTS .Net Foundation Exam

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Toadeh, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

How Do,

The .net foundation exam, is it as hard as it looks? I've read all the material on the MS site (even got work to pay for the elearning) and read all the books I can and their is still way more to learn.

Anyone taken this exam and got any tips? (Don't mean questions and answers though, defeats the point of it).

Also, when people book the exam, do you wait till your getting 100% on the testing sites then book or book it and work to that date?

Cheers

Mat

Certifications: BSc(Hons), MCTS Web Development
  2. Hangleton

Hangleton Bit Poster

I passed this one by studying the Microsft 70-536 training kit and using the Transcender exam preparations. I found that about 80% was covered in the book and I at least got a good idea of what was missing from the Transcender stuff.

I passed with a little over 80%, a few of my answers were by deduction rather than knowledge, but I felt that I had a pretty good chance nevertheless given my preparation.

I booked the exam when I was regularly getting 100% on the transcender exams and understood the reasons for all of the answers. My local testing centre is such that you can usually get in at a couple of days notice anyway, don't know if they're all like that.

Hope this helps a little.

Certifications: MCPD EA, MCDST, MCTS SQL
    WIP: MCPD .NET 3.5, MCITP Vista