MCSE Self-Study Possible?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zimbo, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I think Trip was just having a bit of a joke and trying to promote his very own excellent book. It happens :biggrin

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

well, maybe i am taking it a bit too serious.
    i know that most spammers sign up just to spam, and their products are often dodgy at best. i also acknowledge the fact that trip is a valuable member to this site, and i'm sure his book is great.
    but... it's still spam.

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

you mean to tell me trip wrote that book? :oops:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

That he did! :ohmy

5. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

yes. and respect to him for that. i wouldn't be able to pull it off.
    you will find several authors posting on some cert/tech related forums on the internet. some forums wouldn't even exist without them. trip is one of those authors. :thumbleft

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i was going to buy it in anycase after reading the review on CF! Congrats trip! And look forward to reading it mate!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

zimbo,

I would recommend that you get the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit. It will cover 2003 very well. I have the Resource Kits from Windows 2000 Server and Professional and they are both worth the money. Also, the Mark Minasi series Mastering "whatever the OS or subject" are very good. I have Mastering Windows Server 2003, the Mark Minasi Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit, and Windows 2000 Group Policy, Profiles, and Intellimirror books. All of them are good and cover things in pretty good depth. The Mastering books on Server 2000 and 2003 are huge. They are at least 1500 pages each.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I did post it as tongue-in-cheek. Gav agreed to post an actual Review of the book (you can see it on the index page). Sorry if I caused offense. :oops:

Zimbo, I'd also go with ffreeloader's book buying suggestions. The book I wrote is good to get your feet wet but it's not a "certification" book so the material doesn't really map to any particular requirements.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I hardly consider a Member of Staff with 6.008 helpful and informative (well, mostly !) posts is guilty of spamming. :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  10. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

then we disagree.
    yet i have no desire to ruin this thread any further and get into a lengthy discussion. i made my point. trip and yourself made your point. let's leave it at that.