MCSE Bootcamps in India

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by fatp, Aug 16, 2008.

1. fatp

fatp Byte Poster

Hi.

What are peoples opinions of MCSE Bootcamps abroad?

what do poeple think about offshore IT training and certification. Offshore training costs 50% of the prices prevalent in USA and Europe (including cost of travel, hotel & meals).

sorry cant mention tp names as it may seem as advertising and alot of the folks on here have a short fuse when it comes to mentioning names.

cheers.

fatp.

2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I wouldn’t go for it myself. I think bootcamps are for people who already have a great deal of IT experience and need to consolidate their knowledge in a short space of time to achieve certification. I would view cheap quick cert bootcamps in India with great deal of suspicion. If your are fairly new to IT, you wont learn everything you need to know as the time to achieve results is far too limited. The MCSE is no small task, don’t underestimate how much there is to learn to become MCSE certified. What’s wrong with the good old fashioned way of doing things, buy a book and study it?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To tell the truth, I've had students who have attended these sorts of bootcamps and have returned disappointed. According to them the course consisted of a very fast and brief overview of the material and then a day ot two studying braindumps. While I do not believe that this reflects every bootcamp provider out there, it must be a alot of them out there as Microsoft has released this policy:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I agree with what's been said above. Plus, since the object of the bootcamps are just to help you pass the exam, several of them use braindumps to boost pass rates.

Even if that were not true, bootcamps are still a waste of time and money. If you don't have experience, you won't absorb much... and if you DO have experience, you don't need to spend that much money to refresh your knowledge or to focus on weak areas. It's just not a good value, either way you look at it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I do not want to stereotype, but from what I have seen they just appear to be Braindumps and thats about it.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I wouldn't do it for the simple reason the language barrier would be a nightmare. Eventhough places like India speak English its very different to English in the UK. I have to deal with a call center in India for part of my job and it's the most frustrating aspect of my job as they can't understand my accent (and I don't have a strong Geordie accent). Even say places like the US have difficulty understanding me when I ring places like Amazon.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Could you re-type that please Slypie, I couldn't understand your accent. :p

Only joking - I agree with both Slypie and the above posters, it seems more of a hassle than a benefit. Look elsewhere IMHO.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

aye nee problem mate I'll dee it soon for yays

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  9. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hahaha. :thumbleft Classic.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  10. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Having spent three weeks in one, i would have to say yes!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  11. mcshap

mcshap Bit Poster

Hi All,

I would say a bootcamp is a bad idea expect for the most experienced people. I have taught several people who are in fact fully qualified after a bootcamp. They have the certs but no understanding of the subjects.

Luckily, these people know this and are trying to do something about it (Others don`t though). I understand that some people require the certs for their jobs and have experience , so they just bootcamp and pass the exams. However, part of this method should include working on the theory otherwise they are devaluing the very certification they have paid to obtain. Experience doesn`t teach you the concepts.

Recently I took a Vmware fast track course, this enables me to take the VCP exam. I`ve been working with Vmware for several years now. I knew the admin side, but as the trainer showed the concepts, it become obvious how little I knew about the theory of vmware.

I would look into self study, and some guided/revison days. Lots of providers do this, and they are cheaper than full courses.

If you need any help, I`m sure we can all try :P

Certifications: MCSE , MCITP, MCT, CTT+, VCP
  12. chetan.crasta

chetan.crasta Bit Poster

I am from Bangalore, India. I have found the quality of training provided in Indian software training centers terribly low. There is a reason for this: the software industry in India is booming, therefore all the qualified engineers are employed by the software industry.
    The trainers that the Indian training centers have are usually under-qualified, under-paid and demotivated. The equipment that these centers have is also sub-standard.
    My advice to anyone considering doing their software training in India: do your reconnaissance thoroughly.
    Get the following info:
    • the ratio of workstations to students
    • details of the equipment and the availability of the equipment
    • the qualifications of the teachers
    • find out the quality of the teachers by speaking to them personally
    • the number of students in each class

WIP: CIW A+ N+