MCSE advice

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by pr2thej, Feb 20, 2012.

1. pr2thej

pr2thej New Member

Hello, I'm after a second opinion on a quote i received for a MCSE course.
    The company will not be well known but i have been referred by a friend who completed it with this chap in about 6 months. The company is Aiedo.

The price quoted is £1671.60 VAT inc.

This is due to cover:

7x exam vouchers covering 100% of prometric microsoft exam - RRP £99 each

7x Transcender Practice exams -

All Microsoft e-learning relating to exams we recomend.

Once registered as Aiedo Learning student - access to portal -

Guidance on CV writing and Jobhunting skills.

E-Learning lasts 150 days - free renewal

Transcender lasts 3 years - no renewal

Exam voucher lasts up to one year

The chap has already given some good advice on which exams to take, assuming that i will upgrade to the 2008 cert after completion.
    Ill probably go back and ask for a quote without the media (which i have) and the practice exams (which i imagine would be very easy to obtain) so im hoping the price levels out around £1000.

Any thoughts on this offering?

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've dealt with Aiedo (in Kettering) in the past and they seem to know their stuff.

As for the price... They aren't the cheapest, but they are certainly not the most expensive. Added to that, they don't do what alot of other training providers do, eg say that if you do an 8 week course you can walk into £20k to £30k job.

You could self-study for the exams, but again self-study means that you get no support (apart from forums like this, but even so members are under no obligation to assist as we all do this voluntarily).

You could go down the OU route, eg M128 MS Server Technologies. But that would be a little more expensive as it's part of a degree and it doesn't cover the whole syllabus of the MCITP: SA or EA (it's 2008/2008 r2), people would do this route more for the degree credits, the MS exams are secondary.

At the end of the day, how you learn is dependant on you. As is how much you want to pay for your learning...

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security