mcse 70-270 mock exam

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by star77, May 31, 2005.

1. star77

star77 New Member

Hi Evetone

My first post. I need some help. Currently doing MCSE 70-270 with Computeach and having difficulty with some of questions, which seem almost trick questions!! I am on my fourth attempt at passing this unreasonable exam (90% pass mark)

eg. XP PRO with 2 partitions, C+D. C=fat 1gb 32, D=ntfs,250Mb

copy a file from a folder on server . Must secure data.

1. Copy to D and Encrypt
    2. Copy to C and Encrypt
    3. Request doc is encrypted on file server, copy to C
    4. Copy to C, convert folder to ntfs.

This q bugs me ! Have answered A and feedback says wrong

How? FAT32 does not preserve encryption , ruling out (3). Encrypt not poss on FAT 32. (2) Answer 4 doesnt mention encrypting. Can someone help please ! I have answered (1) and they say wrong!

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

What is the exact question. :blink

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. star77

star77 New Member

thanks !

XP pro has 2 partitions C D. C=fat32, 1Gb, D=NTFS 250mb. Need to copy a folder "financial" from file server to machine above. Must secure data.

a. Copy folder financial to D , encrypt contents
    b. Copy ..to C, encrypt
    c. Request finan be encrypted on server, copy to C
    d. Copy to C , convert folder to NTFS.

Have previously answered A and they say wrong. Dont see how. Seems trick q

thanks

4. star77

star77 New Member

ps file is 150 mb

thanks

5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Star,

I would go for A myself :tune
    I would ask your tutor which is right and why.

Let us know how you get on with it. All the best

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Star,

Whilst the Guys here are more than happy to help with any problems or questions you have, can I please ask you not to directly reproduce questions supplied to you by your Training Provider, as these are generally copyrighted materials, and therefore unauthorised reproduction could leave us in an unsound legal position that no Members of CertForums wants to see happen.

By all means, post general questions and enquiries - that is why we are here, after all. :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. Jamin.

Jamin. Nibble Poster

From the question I would have to say A as well, but as you are paying the money, ask the tutors what is right and why.
    Also have to echo the copyright stuff, ask a question 'along the lines' of your problem (I.E. same type of problem / exam topic) and I am sure people will be more than happy to help to the best of thier knowledge.
    But for this question, make your tutor explain what is the right answer, how many thousand did he cost?
    Jam.

Certifications: MCSA: Security! GCSE Nautical studies
    WIP: On a break.
  8. jay_man

jay_man Bit Poster

'A' is the correct answer as only NTFS allows for EFS support. FAT32 cant be used as it doesnt support EFS. Theres no way you can encrypt it then copy it to the FAT32 partition, thats just crazy man. And D is just giving you more administrative overhead also it wouldnt be encrypted/secure while it was on the C partition.

Hope this helps...............................

Certifications: A+, MCSE 2003
    WIP: Summer Holidays
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Actually D is impossible
    C might work, but at best youd be stuck with an encrypted file you cant decrypt, however, secure it would be! lol
    (i dont think copying an encrypted file to a non NTFS partition decrytps it, that would be just silly wouldnt it)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0