MCSA Query

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Richard Shannon, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Richard Shannon

Richard Shannon Bit Poster

Hi All

Wonder if anyone can help me, havent been on for w while as been studying hard - When i joined CF i had completed the 70-270 and 70-271 exams and was preparing for my 70-272. Since then i have studied extremely hard gaining 70-272, 70-290 and yesterday i completed my 70-291 exam after 4 months solid study for it, now here comes my query wonder if someone can put there finger on it

Obviously finished my exam yesterday and am keen to get stuck into the 70-284 elective Exchange 2003 exam which i have chosen due to me thinking that was needed to complete my MCSA accreditation. Woke up this morning logged onto my email and i have received an email from Microsoft congratulating me on becoming an MCSA, Ive checked my Microsoft transcript and its updated as such and there is a Certificate waiting for me to download

Now i know a lot of you will be saying think yourself lucky youve got it, which of course i'm pleased and chuffed i have but i was certain i needed to obtain the 70-284 to gain this......Can anyone shed any light on why I have got this now?

I mean i'm still going ahead with the 70-284 as messaging is an area i would like to study and am pursueing in the end MCSE 2003 then go onto MCSE 2008 accreditations or MCTP's etc i'm just a little baffled at receiveing this congrats when i was convinced it would come after the 70-284??? Please help! hehe!

Certifications: A+ MCP MCDST MCSA MCSA:MESSAGING
    WIP: 70-293
  2. kicsiburcsi

kicsiburcsi Bit Poster

Hi

Congratulation! You are MCSA:thumbleft

Here is a link to make sure everything is clear

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcsa.aspx

Regards

Certifications: Comptia A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-290, Degree in IT
  3. Richard Shannon

Richard Shannon Bit Poster

Thanks for the Congrats and Thanks for the Link :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
    Certifications: A+ MCP MCDST MCSA MCSA:MESSAGING
    WIP: 70-293
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats... Yep, you've gained it :)

Client: 70-270
    Sever: 70-290
    Network: 70-291
    Elective: MCDST (70-271 & 70-272)

BTW: if you take and pass the 70-284 (exchange), you gain the MCSA: Messaging credential :)

-Ken

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security