MCSA My Next Step

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Davidh1819, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Hi Everyone now that i have MCDST elective i have chosen to do the MCSA with MCTS Windows 7 as the OS cert i use server 2003 in the workplace so its relative

after completing the MCDST what difficulty can i expect in comparison to 272 - 271 which are quiet easy to 290 - 291 i hope to complete both exams in 8 months i have also heard 70-291 is a nightmare i shall be using the MS press books

any advice will be much appreciated

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  2. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Good luck!
    Although its good to have a planned timescale, If you don't work with these technologies ensure that that you have a thorough understanding of the topics and get all these setup in a lab environment! These concepts (especially in 70-290\291) are essential knowledge and may take you a little longer than planned.

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

In my opinion of both taking the upgrade exams (from 2000 to 2003) and from teaching the MCSA/MCSE, there is a big gap between the 70-290 and the 70-291. After all the 70-291 isn't called the beast for nothing.

Take your time, it's good that you have a schedule, but don't be too disappointed if you need more time (some will take more time, some will take less time).

Good luck with your studies :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Thank you

yea i think 8 month might be a bit to over confident i have server 2003 in my office so i am certifying in a technology i use however the company is paying for a learndirect direct online course for 70-290 so at leased im not stuck with the books might speed things up a bit!!

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP