Mcsa/mcitp so confused :s

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by harrisonf123, May 8, 2012.

1. harrisonf123

harrisonf123 New Member

Ok so I'm looking to work towards either the MCITP or MCSA in Server 2008 and they both have the same exams in them, so i assume they would be as good each other.

However on the certification tracks (as shown on the MCSE overview page) it shows the MCSA as only being associate level/fundamental MCITP is Expert Level, could someone please explain this to me.

The reason I Want to take the exam is to move above associate level.

Thanks

Harrison

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Both the MCITP:EA and MCITP:SA give you the MCSA certification, by that I mean that if you already have an MCITP:EA or SA then you automatically get the MCSA assigned to you.

Without knowing your circumstances I can't say whether the MCSA is suited to you, one thing to take into consideration is that the new MCSA isn't the same level as the old MCSA and the new MCSE only currently aim towards Private Cloud or SQL 2012.

I wouldn't exactly worry about the MCSA title as too few people actually understand what exactly it is and unfortunately Recruitment Consultants will probably look at it and think it's the older MCSA rather than the newer one.

Take the exams required for the MCITP:SA certification and when you get it you should get the MCITP certification as well as Microsoft have not said that they are retiring the current exam, what they actually say is that they are not updating it for future versions.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    harrisonf123 likes this.