MCSA Elective

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Dually_man, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Dually_man

Dually_man New Member

How do?

I have completed both the 70-270 & 70-290 exams and I am booked to do the 70-291 exam in a couple of weeks.
    This hopefully will leave me with just an elective to complete before I will be an MCSA.

I am a little confused as to which elective to pick though. At the moment I am leaning towards the 70-299 exam (Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network).

Does anybody know if this is a particularly difficult topic or if in fact one of the other electives would be a little easier. I don't really have any great affection for "Administering Security" but it is propably the subject I would have most familiarity with out of the list of electives.

Advice would be much appreciated.

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: MCSA
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i was in the same position as you not long ago... ever considered the MCDST? its the 'easiest' of the electives - ok its two exams but you going to get another cert!:biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Dually_man

Dually_man New Member

Ya that seems like a good idea, it would be a bit like covering old ground though as alot of the topics in these exams would have been covered in 70-270. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing! Thanks for your suggestion.

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: MCSA
  4. wtjj

wtjj Bit Poster

I am currently studying 70-299 as my MCSA elective having now passed 270 - 290 - 291

it is not easy but what you cover in 290 and 291 will set you up some way toward 299 as they both have sections on security

Exchange is also a good choice as a lot of employers want an MCSA with exchange experience.

And it is worth bearing in mind if you want to be a MCSA security you will also need to sit the ISA exam

Hope this helps

Certifications: Comptia A+ Inet+ MCP 270 290 291 BSc Hon
    WIP: MCSA 299
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

And if it's anything like the ISA 2000 exam it will be a bear :eek:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)