MCPD

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Atari, May 21, 2007.

1. Atari

Atari Bit Poster

Hi all,

I've decided to look at MCPD rather than MCAD/MCSD as the MCPD is aimed at .NET v2 (shame, as I wanted to go for the MCAD).

Anyway, can someone explain the difference between the 3 MCPD routes:

Professional Developer: Web Developer
    Professional Developer: Windows Developer
    Professional Developer: Enterprise Applications Developer

I work as a web developer, and this is the route i'd like to stick to in an ideal world, am I right in thinking Enterprise Applications is Web & Windows merged in to one? tbh I'm looking for the quickest route to a MCPD.

Also, if I get MCPD certified, does the certificate define which kind of MCPD you have (Windows/Web/Enterprise) etc?

Thanks

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I can't answer the previous questions about the different paths, but I can say that the new MS certs do define what type of cert you hold.

3. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

I to was debating which path to take, until i had a good look on the microsoft website and read the FAQ page.
    They suggest that we should still persue the MCAD certs as long as these are in demand ( which they are, because i have just done a job search) then we should carry on training for them.
    As you probally know?, there's two core exams and one elective exam to take for the MCAD. But if we want to UPGRADE later on, then we will only need to take on exam for the .NET framework 2.0 The new generation as they are calling it.

So, this is what i am going to do, because the MCAD certs are still very much in demand and probally will be for a long time. And upgading to the MCPD with just one exam to take will no doubt give me more flexability and better prospects.

Certifications: CIW Professional