MCITP retirement

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by michael78, Mar 25, 2009.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Just a quick question about the MCITP retirement policy. After the cert is retired does that mean you loose the right to say your MCITP certified at Server 2008 level or can you still use it on your CV?

Cheers

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I believe that retirement only means that you cannot sit exams for that cert. In the case of certs that expire, it would mean you could call yourself an MCITP until the expiry date.

You have sat, and obtained that certification. If there isnt an expiry on the cert, then you have that certification for life. They cant take it away from you just because they dont want people sitting it any more.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I believe that you can still use the MCITP/MCTS but have to state that it is retired, last I heard MS was sill undecided about this. MS will let us know closer to the time.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Cheers for the quick reply guys. I read the policy and to me it was pretty vague to say the least. I hope it is the case that your certified for life at the level you take it. I would be pretty cheesed off if you lost the cert which is what has always put me off Cisco certs.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

When MS was introducing the new range of certs (MCTS/MCITP) and said that they would expire, there was a big uproar, they changed it to retired and people accepted that more. We shall see hat happens :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security