MCITP or what?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by gerarddag, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Spottek Steven

Spottek Steven New Member

"THOSE people" who "really care about the distinction" includes professional engineering authorities in several countries.
    Wikipedia has a summary of the issue.

Certifications: ISP, ITCP, CNP, IEng, MIED, MBCS CITP
    WIP: MSc IS
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

And that their prerogative. Me personally, I was annoyed as my branch (support) of IT isn't fully classed as an engineering field and since my degree isn't accredited, I would have to go the hard way (and there are no guarantees that I'd be accepted onto the IEng/CEng). Hence why I also went for the CITP and looking forward to the upcoming IITP accreditation.

However there is the common sense rule/approach that the ARB has taken, I posted about this a while ago, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Spottek Steven

I read your referred item on the common sense approach.
    There is a large subgroup of engineers who's work is primarily computer programming for engineering applications (e.g. aerospace, military, communications, transportation, control systems) - Some of their work requires "Professional Engineer" status in order to meet government, military, or publc safety rules.
    Lawyers, doctors, dentists(?) have protected titles.
    Why not engineers?
    Plumbers?
    Mechanics?

4. Spottek Steven