MCDST :)

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by webslinger2k, Apr 6, 2007.

1. webslinger2k

webslinger2k Byte Poster

Passed my 272 today making me an MCDST :D

I never had such an easy test, honestly couldnt believe how simple the questions I got were. I did buy an Exam Cram book as the one I got for 271 stood me in such good stead, but honestly never opened it, which did worry me prior to sitting down and taking the exam!!

50 questions 35 mins.

Im chuffed - I am now an MCDST :) cant wait to do that upgrade one for Vista to get the MCTS or MCITP (cant remember the exact cert)

Thanks for all the help guys :) Onto 270 now, although I am seriously tempted to knock that on the head and get a Server exam done next i.e. 290

Certifications: 270, 271, 272
    WIP: 70-290
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass webslinger and remember, tests are only easy if you know your stuff 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass and the cert! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :beers2

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Well Done :clap

Certifications: A+,70-270
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well done, congrats :cheers

Now you're a MCDST you can do the 70-621 exam (when it's released) to upgrade to the MCITP: Enterprise Support Tech. The MCTS (70-620) is only the Vista client exam.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Firstly, congratulations on the pass. :)

As for your next exam ... the 270 would be a more logical step than the 290. There will be common areas between the 271 and the 270 but it would be a mistake to underestimate it, it's not a walkover by any means.

If you have a good deal of first hand experience with server 2003 and running it in a real environment, then by all means move on to the 290, but you really do need to know your stuff well for it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  9. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Congrats :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Well Done:clap :alc

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  11. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the pass :thumbleft .

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!
  12. webslinger2k

webslinger2k Byte Poster

Cheers lads :)

Thanks for advice all - I think I may aswell stick with the 270, I know its the logical step, but to be perfectly honest, three Exams on one OS is driving me nuts pretty much. I work in third line, so am all about the servers, and thats where I really need to brush up and fill gaps in my knowledge.

Thanks for the info Ken. Have you seen this on the MS Site

"MCDSTs will need to take only one exam (70-621) to earn the MCTS and MCITP: Enterprise Support certifications instead of following the direct path of three exams-so you can demonstrate your skills on Windows XP and on Windows Vista. Microsoft Learning is offering special savings just for MCDST credential holders: 40 percent off on the Windows Vista upgrade exam (70-621) when it becomes available in February 2007. Details of this limited-time offer, more information about the upgrade exam requirements, and training materials will be available in early 2007."

According to that though, you only need to take the 621 to upgrade, as you said - however it gets you both MCTS AND MCITP certifications!

Which is something appealing to me :D

I think I am addicted to certs now, as I honestly just want to get my next one done, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that....LOL!

On another note - I logged into the MCP site today to check if my status has been updated - there appears to be no mention of MCDST anywhere - however it does state that I have passed both the 271 and 272 on their page? Is this usual? I would have thought it would have changed from MCP to MCDST near the bottom just above what exams you have done?

13. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

I passed my 272 on tuesday mate, and mine still hasnt shown up yet. It does say that it can take 10 days tho, and its easter weekend aswell now so that might delay it further.:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  14. webslinger2k

webslinger2k Byte Poster

True - :) i thought that perhaps cos the Exam itself was showing, that the other parts should have updated too! :) Doesnt matter when, as long as it does :D