MCDST worries

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by ozzy, Jul 23, 2011.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

Hi

Im doing the MCDST 272 exam on august the 17th but i seem to be strugiling passing any of the measureup text exams anyone have any tips advice or a mirical handy

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

you may want to check the exam. To my knowledge the mcdst exams have been discontinued already.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. trebor_88

trebor_88 Byte Poster

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:EDST, MCTS:7
    WIP: VMware VCP 5, MCSE and CCNA
  4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

the test has not been stoped its still runing untill november but the corce on it has

5. trebor_88

trebor_88 Byte Poster

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:EDST, MCTS:7
    WIP: VMware VCP 5, MCSE and CCNA
  6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

i just finished college and i have an exam booked for the 17th of august and got a voucher for the 2nd test enrolement and other bits have been stoped but if u have completed the corce before the end of may you can still take the exam untill the end of november

7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'd be very surprised.
    Where are you getting this information?
    There is nothing to prevent people providing training courses in MCDST for as long as they want.
    But you can't sit the exam after it has retired.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

its manchester college i have the booking confermations from prometric aswell as about 4 others in our class

9. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Could this be the 73-272 as opposed to the 70-272?

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

70-272

11. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

Cool bananas if you can still do the 70-272.

I used the official press book and also the Sybex book and CBT Nuggets videos.

I think i've read somewhere that the MeasureUp tests are harder than the actual exam. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong....

Good luck with it =)

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT
  12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

u got any links or something to the videos cant seem to get my head into this i know the answer but cant get it the microsoft way when u have to move the the things from 1 side to the other in order

13. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT
  14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

thanks for your help

15. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

73 just means the voucher is from an MS Academy, 70 would be if bought through regular channels. Interestingly prometric don't list the 73-272 when you try and book it using that type of voucher. Just takes a phone call to them to sort it though.

As for the whether or not the exam is still allowable? It wouldn't surprise me if prometric are still allowing bookings but MS turn around and say tough luck. MS are definitely saying that the exam retired at the end of June. Prometric have been known to get these things wrong before ...

It would be ashame for you and your fellow students to put the work in only to find out it was pointless. I'd get an answer from MS if you can Ozzy, don't take prometrics word for it ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  16. UnaRobertson

UnaRobertson New Member

Thanks for sharing!