MCDST Upgrade Exam retirement?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

I've come across a few posts now that have said that the MCDST upgrade exam is retiring in March 2011. This is only partially correct.

The 70-621 upgrade exam is retiring in March 2011, this exam allowed you to upgrade the MCDST to the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician (Vista version).

However Microsoft has released another exam, the 70-682 which is not retiring in March or June 2011. This upgrades the MCDST and/or the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician to the newer MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 (the Windows 7 version).

For the list of exams that are going to be/have been discontinued, please see here. This information is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

yeah, i also found that out. Quite sad to see 70-621 expiring. Haven't got the required experience on win7. I wish MS extends the expiration date just as they did for the MCDST.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science