MCDST retirement date changed?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DC Pr0Mo, Dec 14, 2010.

1. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

This really is a disgrace. No fault of the people on end oif the live chat, as they are doing the best with the information they have at hand, and indeed have taken the correct action by escalating it. But the information is clearly not being uniformly made available.

I certainly wouldn't have bothered if I had known the date was March!

2. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

Just in case anyone was wondering, I got this response from Microsoft today:

Hello Cesar,

Thank you for contacting the Microsoft Certification Guidance Team. I am sending you the following information in response to your query regarding the retirement date for the MCDST exams.

We’re sorry for the confusion regarding this matter. We’re happy to inform you that Exams 70-271 & 70-272 will retire on 06/30/11 and not on 03/31/11, candidate will be able to register and take the exam until 06/30/11. Certifications you have earned remain valid even if qualifying exams have been retired. When an exam you passed is retired, your transcript retains the record of the exam and identifies the exam as retired.

To know more about the retiring exams visit the Exam Development page.

If you have further questions regarding Microsoft certifications, please contact us again. Have a great day!

We hope the information we are providing in this email addresses your question. Please contact our Microsoft Certification Guidance Team for additional guidance regarding technical certification and training. You may email us directly at [email protected], or visit our Microsoft Learning website.

Thank you,
    Katherine Navarro
    Microsoft Certification Guidance Team
    [email protected]

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks for that Apoc220, you did well to get what seems like a concrete answer 8)

Rep given.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

Thank you for your e-mail regarding MCDST certification.

We understand your concern and would like to inform you that the official date of retirement for exam 70-271 and exam 70-272 is June 31, 2011 so you may continue preparing for the exams

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Which is it guys? 30th or 31st?

Certifications: A+, Network +, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

June only has 30 days.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

Shocks should of checked my calender lol. Those ms reps! lol.

Certifications: A+, Network +, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642
  7. AjP

AjP Bit Poster

Has anyone tried to book this exam after March? Looks like there are no seats after 31st March and prometric have not been informed of the extension.

After speaking to them yesterday and pointing them to http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-dev.aspx#tab4 I got this email:

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that, as per the recent update, the Microsoft exam (70-272) will retire on March 31, 2011. However, the candidates are being allowed a grace period till June 30, 2011.

Also be informed that the availability of test dates after March 31, 2011 cannot be guaranteed and will be entirely based on test site and seat availability.

You may visit the link http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-dev.aspx#tab4 to review the list of exams, which are due to retire.

We hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact us if any further assistance is needed

Sincerely,

Candidate Care
    Prometric
    Noorderwagenplein 6
    8223 AL–Lelystad
    The Netherlands

but I am still unabe to get a seat in a testing center after 31st march!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-682, MCITP
  8. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Have you tried looking at the availability of other exams after 31st March.
    Out of curiosity I tried this when the issue was first raised on CF and couldn't book an exam after March 31st for the 70-685, which is most definitely not retiring.

I'm just wondering if there were two issues here.
    1) Prometric didn't have up-to-date info on the MCDST
    2) Their booking system is fubar'ed.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  9. sjedwardz

sjedwardz New Member

I looked today and they had dates up to mid april - I think you can only book 2 months in advance anyway. I want to do it sometime in may so I have enough time to study plus I can schedule a retake if I need to.

10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yes this is correct I posted in the other thread that I was told this by a person at the exam center and prometric today.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?