MCDST question

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by steveh2001, May 9, 2007.

1. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Hi guys

Quick question about the MCDST - is this an MCP? Do you become an MCP after you've done one of the two exams for the MCDST?

Cheers!

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Pass a MCP and you are a MCP (I think!)

Pass 70-271 and 70-272 and you are MSDST :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Pass one MS exam and you get MCP. Pass the right combination of MCP exams and you get one of the other certs such as MCDST, MCSA, etc.

8)

4. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

steveh2001,

According to the "MCP Certification Requirements" webpage, it states "Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) candidates are required to pass one current Microsoft certification exam that provides a valid and reliable measure of technical proficiency and expertise.*" It also states "Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to the one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an individual as an MCP."

So by passing either the 70-271 or 70-272 exam will certify you as a "Microsoft Certified Professional," assuming you were never previously certified as a Microsoft Certified Professional and the certificate has not expired.

I hope this helps.

Source:
    1. MCP Certification Requirements - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/requirements.mspx

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  5. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Excellent - thanks for the info!

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?