MCDST Qualification, quick question!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by JodyAllen, Nov 11, 2008.

1. JodyAllen

JodyAllen New Member

Good Day to all,

I have a really quick question. I have taken the first MCDST exam, about 6 months ago, and am now going to do the second.

I originally booked through Pearson Vue, and although the test centre I went to is still listed, it does not however seem that Vue do MS exams any longer. If I go through Prometric to gain my second exam, does Microsoft automatically connect the two and give me the MCDST or do I have to apply for a specific certificate to show I am.... how does it work?

Any help, as always is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jody

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

They should automatically link the 2, as when you book the exam they will ask you for your MCP number. However in a few instances (like in mine) a new account will be created that doesn't link with your existing account. If this happens all it takes is a phone call/e-mail to the MCP helpdesk for you to merge the 2 accounts together. Once the 2 accounts are merged then you can request your cert.

Good luck with your exam :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

What he said..
    Welcome and goodluck

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  4. JodyAllen

JodyAllen New Member

10/10 for response time.

Much appreciated. I have given myself to the end of the year to get some revision in and book. Will print advice out ready just in case.