MCDST Practice Exam Difficulty?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Menthol Moose, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Menthol Moose

Menthol Moose New Member

Good evening all,

Long time small time tech and new to this certification game.

I currently have my A+ and am working towards my 70-271. I am at that point where I believe im ready for the exam and now hitting the prac questions as I did my A+ tests.

I currently use the Microsoft Press books and online training with skillsoft. I have noticed that practice exams differ wildly in difficulty and this can be very off-putting when trying to figure out when your "ready".

The skillsoft prac exams are quite easy, likewise the exams in the printed MS book. However the included CD based exams appear to be rather more difficult (and poorly written at times IMO). Any opinions on the 70-271 Press readiness exam would be much appreciated. Im usually scoring about 70-80% in the prac test mode at the moment.

Thanks.

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Sounds like you're ready. I've always found (particularly with the 271) that the readiness review questions were much harder than the actual tests.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Judge yourself more by the measureup practice tests rather than the questions in the book. They seem to be more realistic in relation to the real exam questions.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep. Some are good quality... others, not so much. The companies that develop practice exams as their core business tend to create better ones than those who create practice questions at the end of book chapters. I could write 20 questions in an evening when I wrote a Sybex book... but it takes me much longer to craft high-quality questions for Boson.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!