MCDST - MCITP

Discussion in 'A+' started by jamessimo, May 20, 2008.

1. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Hi All

Had a look on microsoft website wanted to think about upgrading the MCDST to MCITP
    by taking 1 70-261 exam. It seems a good idea to take now with the second shot running to the end of June

its one exam seems worth It?

I wanted to know what training material there is availble there is material for 70-260 but not the 70-261

Is this something worth getting ? im sure it is its only one exam I beleive

Will companies eventually go over to Vista ? I know that XP is still the favourite

I welcome your thoughts ? :thumbleft

Many Thanks

James

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hey James

Companies will eventually move over to Vista or in better words they will be forced to because MS will stop providing support for XP. Im currently not in the market but i can be you the majority of machines will still be running Windows XP but like i saif they will eventually all be running Vista.

Yes there is only one exam to upgrade to the Enterprise Support cert - exam 70-621. Books wise there is no training guide for 621 - why? im not sure but it makes sense because only MCDST's will buy that book so they wont sell the copies they need to. What people suggest if that you get the 620 and 622 guides and use those for 621.

I hope this helps.

8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Regardless of whether or not companies will upgrade to Vista (Windows XP support will end in 2011 and expect release date for Windows 7 is 2010), I believe that it is worth it for the following reason:

The Certification upgrade path.

The technology for the upcoming Windows 7 will be totally different from XP, just like if you were a MCSE/MCSA on 2k there is/was no direct route to upgrade to 2008. You had to be an MCSA/MCSE on 2k3 inorder to go for the upgrade exams, otherwise you have to do all the exams individually.

That's my thoughts anyway :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Agreed a lot of companies will skip Vista and wait for windows 7, which will probably take a long while to be accepted by larger companies and corporates anyway.

Andi

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  5. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

I've taken this and found it to be the hardest exam I taken so far.:eek:

I would suggest that you take the two seperate exams as you can get books that follow
    each exam. As @ Zimbo I ended up studying both 70-620 & 70-622 since there wan't any books for the upgrade or exam sims and I wasn't ever sure what to study.

Therefore, you might as well split it up and do both, although did pass this just!:)

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yes, I think 70-621 is worth getting. As Zim rightly described above, if you study materials for 70-620 and 70-622, you will have the information you need to pass 70-621. In fact, 70-621 is basically a combination of questions from 70-620 and 70-622.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!