MCAD cert expire?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by odez909, Aug 12, 2005.

1. odez909

odez909 New Member

Hi all,

I just wanted to know, after obtaining the MCAD cert does it have an expiration that leads to a retake to become a MCP?

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The simple answer to your question is no it does not expire.

It will however become dated over time and need to be updated as technologies develop, but you will always have your certification.

8)

3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sorry, I should clarify a bit further - Your MCAD will become obsolite over time as all certs do, but you will not necessarilly have to upgrade, any upgrade will be up to you.

I believe that the MCAD will probably work much the same way as the MCSE has done, in that if you achieved your MCSE in NT4 or in W2K you will be designated as such.

Hope this makes sense.

8)

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Things are always changing. Generally speaking certs do not expire, but you need to check the Microsoft/learning site every now and then.
    As a certified individual you commit to continually updating your skills to keep up with industry. Nothing stays still...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That's right. You'll notice that there is a clear distinction between an MCAD and a .NET MCAD in terms of certification, same for MCSD.

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, odez909. I have nothing to add to this thread but I would like to invite you to pop up to the New Members Introduction forum and tell us a bit about yourself and how you found us. Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. midnightsky9

midnightsky9 New Member

According to Microsoft, a certification will expire one year after the discontinuation of the exam.
    70-058 is the exception.

See Frequently Asked Questions Abut MCP Certification on its website.

8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Duh?

Care to post a link?

:blink

9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

No mention whatsoever....

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/faq.mspx

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, it doesn't say that at all - here's the link to the page you referenced: link

That page doesn't say anything about certifications expiring. All it says is that any current Microsoft certification exam (except 70-058, which has LONG been retired) will earn you the MCP.

For the record, that information is also no longer accurate, because the new MCTS and MCITP certification exams will also not grant you the MCP certification.

Once and for all, guys, the MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCAD, and MCSD certifications have no expiration date. According to Microsoft, they will not ever expire, and they've stated this clearly on their site: link

At that same link, here's what they say about retirement of MCTS and MCITP certifications:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

midnightsky, congratulations on bringing up a thread that is over 2 years old. 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009