Mapping Network Drives

Discussion in 'Networks' started by cmcinnes, Mar 9, 2005.

1. cmcinnes

cmcinnes Bit Poster

Hi All

I am looking for a little help with a problem i have here at work. I have been asked to look into a way in which users shared network drives can be replicated between domain controllers. Basically we have 2 site and when we create network drives for users we want the to be accessed on the local domain controller even if the folder has been created on another domain controller?

Any Advise would be very grateful as i am pretty stumped here:blink
    Thanks

Chris

Certifications: HNC,HND Computer And Network Support
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

have you looked into DFS? it can handle replication between places, and the user automatically uses the one closest to them based on which dc authenticated them
    whilst I dont recommend using a domain controller as your file server, if your companies small enough its generally not a problem :)

DFS is likely to be what your looking for here

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/fileandprint/dfsnew.asp

have a good read of that :)
    hope its of some help

If you like what you see here, why not pop over to our new members forum and give us a bit more of an introduction, were always happy to get a few more friendly faces around here :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. cmcinnes

cmcinnes Bit Poster

Thaks Phoenix

I have configured that now and it working a treat

Thanks Again

Chris

Certifications: HNC,HND Computer And Network Support