Man city stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Sep 1, 2008.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Has anyone seen the news about man city

Basically, they have got some new owners who basically make abramovich look like a pauper. They have already put a bid in for berbatove, villa and gomez. If villa stays true to his word he will stay where he is.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

And apparently, Michael Owen was seen about lunchtime tucking into haddock n chips on Scotty Road... :twisted:

3. zxspectrum

Well another rumour to the michael owne stuff is that he may come back to the mighty reds. To be honest hes not been the samer player since he did his hamstring against leeds and he hasnt done anytthing at newc etc. Think if he did come back it wouldnt be long before he got back into the old routine.

Ed

4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Yeah, but do you remember rushie? he was such a damn fine player, went to juve, didn't do much, came back to liverpool and was never the same again... i still cannot understand why liverpool got rid of aldo and kept rushie...

5. zxspectrum

I never understood that as well, tho when rushie came back he got past his never scoring against the mancs jinx, worth the fee just for that.

If i ever come back as a football player and im having great season after season with a top club and winning shedloads of trophys, would i sacrifice that to play abroad etc, would i eckers like not even for the silly amount of money they would offer either

Ed

6. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

do you think Robinho has realized which Manchester club he has joined. I would like to take this opportunity to Welcome Man-City to the big boys club. You can take the place of Liverpool or Arsenal

yours truly

a disgruntled Chelsea supporter

WIP: C++ and A+
  7. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Of course, the hottest topic is that Keegan just got the boot from Newcastle and rumour has it that Wise is the temp man in charge.

As a Leicester fan I only have one thing to say - Wise is a d@&ck and if I was a Newcastle fan I'd be readying meself for the Championship (same applies to Tottenham fans as well) :twisted:

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  8. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Must admit I was rather surprised to read Man City had snagged Robinho. No surprises with Berbatov though, I think Spurs are better off without him.

Either way, my blood is blaugrana and only balugrana for life and I am absolutely delighted that the scum are in complete disarray right now. I find it hilarious they spent 99.9% of the Summer chasing Ronaldo. I'm just disappointed we lost against Numancia on Sunday, but the blow was softened by them losing also.

Guardiola is still working on the squad and it doesn't help for a result when Numanica get a lucky goal on the break and then play the rest of the 90 minutes like the Greece Euro 2004 squad.

We'll improve, and win the league, Copa del Rey, Copa Catalonia and the Champions League this season!! :biggrin

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  9. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

Sorry you cant have Champions League Thats Ours.

Madrid do seem to have got it wrong this summer, Man Utd had to kidnap berbatof to stop Man City getting there hands on him.Next year should be interesting for City

WIP: C++ and A+
  10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Just like you, I bleed blue and purple. However, unlike you, I'm not optimistic. I think the hiring of pep was a big mistake - he's too young and has no experience. He also has a ****e defence and a team that relies on messi too much. Awesome though he undoubtedly is, he can't carry the team all season and is already overworked (witness his increasingly fragile hamstrings - a la Michael Owen at the same age)

Losing to Numancia may be out down as a freak result - a one off. However, I fear we'll be struggling to keep up with the scum all season, and the one saving grace may be that they are ****e as well this year!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em